The beautiful bowl will make you thankful for leftovers. Be creative with the selection you have left in your refrigerator and give them a new flavor twist!
Hands-on Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 20 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 6 cups cooked brown rice, warmed
- 8-12 oz. cooked turkey meat, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp. Thai red curry paste
- ¼ cup turkey gravy
- 6 cups roasted vegetables, such as carrots, Brussels sprouts, Broccoli, or Asparagus, cut into bite-sized pieces, warmed
- ½ cup cranberry sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger root, grated, or 1 Tbsp. ‘Ginger People’ ginger juice
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- ½-1 tsp. Sriracha sauce
- Reheat vegetables in the microwave, oven or sauté pan. Warm up the gravy with the Thai curry paste. Add turkey and simmer gently to warm through.
- Divide the warm rice into 4 bowls and arrange the turkey and vegetables over the rice in an artful manner.
- Mix the cranberry sauce with the ginger, vinegar, sesame oil and Sriracha and adjust the seasonings according to your taste preference. Add a fried egg on top if you need more protein, or are short on turkey or skipping it all together.
Wine Pairing: Riesling
Per serving: Calories 570, Calories from Fat 50, Total Fat 6g (9% DV), Saturated Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 35mg (12% DV), Sodium 1700mg (71% DV), Carbohydrates 107g (36% DV), Dietary Fiber 13g (52% DV), Sugars 24g, Protein 24g, Vitamin A 790%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 10%, Iron 20%.