Pineapple, mandarin oranges and avocado will make this the best sweet and sour slaw you’ve ever tasted!
Hands-on Time: 5 min. | Total Time: 15 min. | Serves: 6 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups poppy seed dressing
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 (16 oz.) bag coleslaw mix
- 2 cups pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 (15 oz.) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- In medium bowl, mix poppy seed dressing and orange juice. Set aside.
Tip: If orange poppy seed dressing is available at your store, you can use it instead of adding orange juice to plain poppy seed dressing.
- In large bowl, combine coleslaw mix, pineapple and mandarin oranges; mix gently.
- Pour dressing over salad and stir until well combined. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Serve cold, adding sliced avocado on top.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 500, Calories from Fat 260, Total Fat 29g (45% DV), Saturated Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 10mg (3% DV), Sodium 290mg (12% DV), Carbohydrates 55g (18% DV), Dietary Fiber 7g (28% DV), Sugars 30g, Protein 4g, Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 170%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.