These next-level nachos feature crispy potato chips in place of classic tortilla chips…a delish Irish twist perfect for St. Paddy's Day!
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 25 min. | Serves: 8 | Difficulty: Easy
- 6 Tbsp. Guinness Stout
- 4 oz. Kroger® Cream Cheese
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. mustard powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 bag (8 oz.) thick cut or wavy cut potato chips
- ½ cup bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- In a small sauce pan heat beer, cream cheese, garlic and mustard over medium-low heat. stir occasionally until smooth and heated through. Remove from heat and stir in cheddar cheese until melted.
- On a serving platter, place an even layer of potato chips. Drizzle with cheese sauce, top with bacon and green onion. Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Tip: Cheese sauce is thick to prevent chips from getting soggy too quickly. You can adjust the thickness by adding more Guinness. The cheese sauce can also be served as a warm dip.
Per serving: Calories 290, Calories from Fat 180, Total Fat 21g (32% DV), Saturated Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 40mg (13% DV), Sodium 480mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates 17g (6% DV), Dietary Fiber < 1g (4% DV), Sugars < 1g, Protein 9g, Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 10%, Iron 2%.