A fresh and healthy summer treat to celebrate summer’s bounty!
Hands-on Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 45 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 4 aluminum foil sheets cut into 12”x16” rectangles
- 1 large zucchini, end cut
- 1 large yellow summer squash, end cut
- ½ cup quinoa seeds
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. basil, fresh
- ½ cup tomato, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. red onion, chopped
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine quinoa and chicken broth or water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until the quinoa is tender and water is absorbed, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for about 5 minutes. Fluff the quinoa with a fork. Set aside.
- While the quinoa is cooking, cut the zucchini and yellow squash in half lengthwise. Microwave on a plate covered 1-2 minutes in 30 second intervals or until pulp is soft enough to scoop (do not overcook - zucchini should still be stiff and will take less time than the squash). Let cool 2-3 minutes. Carefully scoop pulp; set aside.
- In large bowl, mix quinoa with garlic, pulp, basil, tomatoes, bell peppers, feta, red onions, salt and pepper. Spoon quinoa mixture evenly and press the mixture into the center of zucchini and yellow squash.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Place one zucchini half on center of foil. Seal edges, making a tight ½” fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation. Repeat with second zucchini and yellow squash halves. Place packets on grill, cover and cook on medium heat 15-20 minutes or until tender (tooth pick inserted in zucchini comes out easily).
- Remove packets from grill. To serve, open foil packs carefully, cut large X across top of each pack. Carefully fold back foil. Serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 180, Calories from Fat 60, Total Fat 7g (11% DV), Saturated Fat 4.5g (22% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 25mg (8% DV), Sodium 450mg (19% DV), Carbohydrates 22g (7% DV), Dietary Fiber 5g (20% DV), Sugars 11g, Protein 8g, Vitamin A 90%, Vitamin C 430%, Calcium 20%, Iron 6%.