This quick and easy dinner option for Trick or Treat night satisfies – kids love the familiar flavors, and the tangy, spicy sauces capture any adult’s attention.
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 25 min. | Serves: 6 to 8 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 packages (12 oz. each) boneless breaded chicken pieces
- 1 can (8 oz.) jellied cranberry sauce
- ⅔ cup chili sauce
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ⅔ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- Bake chicken pieces as directed on package.
- For the Tangy Chili Sauce: In a small saucepan combine the cranberry sauce and chili sauce. Heat over low heat, stirring until combined and thoroughly heated.
- For the Sweet and Sour Sauce: In a small saucepan combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, pineapple juice, vinegar and orange juice; mix well. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Serve hot chicken dippers with the warm sauces.
Per serving: Calories 320, Calories from Fat 60, Total Fat 6g (9% DV), Saturated Fat 1.5g (8% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 45mg (15% DV), Sodium 1070mg (45% DV), Carbohydrates 49g (16% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars 30g, Protein 17g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%.